Your donations make a difference
South King Council of the Blind continues to be a catalyst in South King County:
- Raising awareness of issues concerning people who are blind
- Our members worked to get audio signals installed by the Federal Way Transit Center
- Our members are working to make talking prescription labels available at ALL pharmacies
- Empowering and connecting people new to vision loss, seeking employment and education
- We became a 501(c)3 in 2015 to sponsor King County’s first Beep Baseball team
- Your donation builds a stronger local Council presence regarding transportation and accessibility issues
The work of WCBYou can donate to the Washington Council of the Blind (WCB) to fund…
- College scholarships for visually-impaired students who are breaking down barriers
- Leadership training empowering people to work and advocate in their hometown
- Legislative tracking and advocacy efforts statewide
wcbinfo.org offers several ways you can donate to WCB.
The work of ACB
Donating to the American Council of the Blind (ACB) funds audio description work, legislative work, and structured negotiations. ACB worked with the FCC to make TV menus and devices accessible, worked with companies to make prescription labels accessible, and challenged airlines / taxi companies to comply with the ADA and train their employees better. Internationally, we advocated for an equitable copyright treaty. Our voice is being heard.